Our bodies are durable machines with strong support structures, but they aren't indestructible. When bones and joints are broken or bruised, or when movement or speech is compromised due to bone or muscle deterioration, nerve damage, stroke or other disabling events, NuHealth's specialists in Orthopedics and Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation are ready. In fact, both of these highly regarded services are led by renowned leaders in their respective fields.
- Experienced specialists in trauma, joint replacement, hand surgery, spine surgery, reconstructive shoulder and knee surgery, arthroscopy and sports medicine
- One of only nine joint replacement surgeons on LI certified in hip resurfacing.
- Brand new inpatient orthopedics unit on NUMC's recently remodeled 8th floor.
- Only one of two inpatient rehabilitation units on LI included in US News & World Report 2010 "Best Hospitals"
- Orthopedic Chair Charles Ruotolo, MD and Director of Joint Replacement Stanislav Avshalumov named "Best Doctors" by Consumer Research Council
- Director of Spine Surgery Karen Avanesov, D.O. named a Leading Physician of the World by The International Association of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Seamless interaction between the physicians who make orthopedic repairs and those who develop your personal rehabilitation program.
Appointments: (516) 486-NUMC (6862)
|Chair: Charles Ruotolo, MD||(516) 572-6702|
|Administrator: Adrienne McIntosh||(516) 572-0080|