Blood Bank & Donor Services
With a Level I Trauma Center and strong surgical practice on site, Nassau University Medical Center’s Blood Bank plays a vital role in Long Island’s total blood supply. NuHealth’s Blood Donor Service works with local communities to organize and run frequent blood drives to ensure that on the day you need it most, there will be plenty of your blood type close to hand.
NuHealth’s phlebotomists, pathologists and other patient care professionals provide a variety of blood transfusion and other services both within the Blood Bank & Donor Services area and throughout Nassau University Medical Center, including:
- Blood transfusion-services for patients with conditions including Cooley’s anemia, sickle cell anemia, and leukemia
- Therapeutic phlebotomy for patients with polycythemia and hemochromatosis
- Typing and cross-matching donor blood to recipient patients
- Analysis and maintenance of the purity and compatibility of blood and blood products for transfusion
- Specialized donor procedures for bone marrow, platelets and other needs
Appointments: (516) 486-NUMC (6862)
Donor Center at Nassau University Medical Center 516-572-6348
NuHealth Blood Bank at Nassau University Medical Center 516-572-6344
Schedule a Blood DriveYou can schedule a blood drive at your location or in our donor room.
Contact Jodi Kelly RN at 572-6348 or email JKelly@numc.edu.