NuHealth provides an excellent, broad-based clinical experience for third- and fourth-year medical students. We are a 1,200-bed community health system with a clear public mission: to provide top quality care to everyone, at every stage of life through our three Centers of Care:
- Nassau University Medical Center – a 530-bed tertiary care teaching hospital and Level I Trauma Center
- A. Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility – a 589-bed skilled nursing facility.
- NuHealth Family Health Centers – comprehensive community health practices in five underserved Long Island communities
The Office of Undergraduate Medical Education and the faculty and clinical leadership at Nassau University Medical Center maintain a rigorous curriculum that is both challenging and exciting. We closely monitor each student’s progress to ensure they are well-prepared for the next phase of their training. As a large, busy suburban hospital, we see a diverse population, offering our students an exceptionally broad clinical experience, and an unsurpassed opportunity to become capable, compassionate and culturally-sensitive health care professionals.
- North Shore-LIJ Health System
- Health Sciences Center of Stony Brook University
- New York College of Osteopathic Medicine
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine
- American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine
- Hofstra University School of Medicine