Nassau University Medical Center
NuHealth recognizes the importance of partnering with our community-based providers to optimally manage our patientsí healthcare needs. For that reason, NuHealth is pleased to offer the following tools and resources.
Connect Your Patients to Excellent Care
NuHealth recognizes the importance of partnering with our community-based providers to optimally manage our patients' healthcare needs. For that reason, NuHealth is pleased to offer the following tools and resources.
Dedicated Physician Phone line 516-NUDoc4U (516-683-6248)
- Single point of contact for streamlined communications connects you with NuHealth hospitalists, faculty and administrators.
- Coordinated communication and well-aligned healthcare services simplify your patient's experience at NuHealth.
- We use information that you provide to prepare our care team for your patients' visits.
- A single point of contact makes it easier to ensure that your patients have the best experience at our facility.
- Our easy-to-use referral service offers you and your staff access to NuHealth's specialty and ancillary services.
- Online referral forms and dedicated fax lines ensures your appointments are scheduled timely.
- We navigate our system on behalf of your patients so that they get the services they need without effort.
- Prompt and personalized feedback ensures that diagnostic test results and consultation reports are returned directly to you.
- IRIS-electronic referral system: (Internet Referral Information System) is a secure, fully HIPAA compliant web-based patient referral system that allows community providers to directly access the NuHealth appointment system directly to schedule specialty appointments for your patients even before they leave your office.
- IRIS also allows you to learn from your referrals, by providing the following information:
- Referral history and patients no-show frequency
- Patient's referral history to assist in determining care
- History of consult reports for reference
- Tracking of patient status referred NuHealth
- The reporting capability of IRIS will support routine and accurate tracking of your patients from initial referral request to treatment at NuHealth to results/consult reports being returned back to your office. A referral management tool for you and your support staff.
- Patients may be directed to schedule appointments by calling 516-486-NUMC
Emergency Room visits
- We use information that you provide to send out email alerts if your members present to our Emergency Department.
- A Provider Relations Specialist will introduce you to unique specialty services, Centers of Excellence, and programs that can optimize your patients' care.
- Faculty-led Grand Rounds regularly held at our facility and open to community physicians
- Presentations on the latest medical advances and best practices by leading clinicians will also be available periodically.
- Patient education materials, clinical guidelines, and other relevant care management tools are available online
To contact Provider Relations, please call 516-296-2547.
Select the links below to see examples:
Safe and secure access to your patient's records
The Nassau Health Care Corporation has made remote access to information and full HIPAA compliance a major goal.
System user authentication:
- A system has been created to control the generation of accounts, the type of access and removal of system access privileges.
- Logs are reviewed on a regular basis
- Access rights are reviewed on a regular basis
- Remote access requires:
- VPN Authentication
- Application Authentication
- Access restricted to your patients only.
- New Programs
- New Services
You will receive a fax if one of your patient’s is:
- Seen in our Emergency Department
- Admitted to our facility
NUMC would be pleased to accept referrals for specialty services, diagnostic studies, Radiology & Laboratory, etc.
Radiological studies preparation instructions:
General information packet
Contact Medical Staff Office:
Phone: (516) 572-6131
Fax: (516) 572-6135